Monday, January 11, 2010
Press & Sun Bulletin Article 1-11-10
Union-Endicott hockey team donates 1,130 pounds of food to CHOW
NIMMONSBURG -- Chenango Valley remained unbeaten, Union-Endicott picked up a pair of victories and CHOW was the big winner during Broome County High School Hockey Association action Sunday at the BCC Ice Center.
Sunday marked the BCHSHA's annual CHOW Challenge, with each of the association's eight teams bringing to the rink non-perishable food items for donation to the Community Hunger Outreach Warehouse.
One hour's free ice time -- awarded to the team with the greatest donation -- went to Union-Endicott, which turned over 1,130 pounds. In all, donations totaled 3,703 pounds, said Ann Bello, CHOW Challenge chairperson and Seton Catholic Central team manager.
"That's almost double the amount from last year," Bello said. "We do this every year after the holidays to help re-stock the pantries."
- ► 2013 (27)
- ► 2012 (35)
- ► 2011 (19)
- Last night there was a workshop on Facebook and Tw...
- Jail Ministry Facebook Post
- Joanne Kays
- Mayor Ryan to Deliver State of the City Address on...
- Coming CHOW Events
- CHOW Advisory Committee
- Ray Osterhout
- Press Release Sent to Media 1-13-10
- Press & Sun Bulletin Article 1-11-10
- News 10 Now coverage
- Faith in Action Volunteers updates
- Gabe Oakley - Cruisin Car Buddies / Katie Legg - F...
- Channel 34 Up to the Minute News
- Press Release 10-7-10
- In Memory of Frederick A Sarnecky Sr
- Press & Sun Bulletin Article
- ▼ January (17)