Monday, July 19, 2010
Volunteers for the Orchard Planting Day Needed
Volunteers needed to plant fruit trees
Volunteers are needed to plant 45 fruit trees at the Broome County Council of Churches’ farm on River Boulevard in Conklin.
Community Hunger Outreach Warehouse won the trees earlier this year in an Internet-based Communities Take Root contest sponsored by Edy’s Fruit Bars and the Fruit Tree Planting Foundation.
CHOW will hold a tree-planting event from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 22 on a half-acre tract of its seven-acre fresh food farm in Conklin. Go online to broomecouncil.net/volunteer.asp to register as a volunteer or call (607) 724-9130.
- ► 2013 (27)
- ► 2012 (35)
- ► 2011 (19)
- Wheelchair Ramp Donations
- Faith in Action Golf Tournament
- Volunteers for the Orchard Planting Day Needed
- Volunteers needed for the CHOW Orchard Planting Da...
- Ed Blaine's Letter to the Editor
- Letter to the Editor: Thanks for wheelchair ramp
- CHOW to receive money from Walmart
- WBNG: Vexed Over Vetoes
- MudCat Grant 2010
- MudCat Grant Golf Tournament
- Nonprofits Brace for State Cuts
- Budget Crisis - CHOW
- ▼ July (12)