Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Wheelchair Ramp Donations
July 20, 2010, 2:02 pm
Donations sought for wheelchair ramp program
The Broome County Council of Churches is asking Spiedie Fest patrons to donate to the Ramp It Up 2010 program during the annual festival at Otsiningo Park on Aug. 5, 6 and 7.
Cash donations, new tools such as tape measures and cordless drills, and gift cards from local building supply companies are among the items the council needs to build home wheelchair ramps. These items can be brought to the Hope Tent at the festival.
The council wants to give wheelchair-bound homeowners easier access to their homes. They hope to build about 15 ramps this summer at no cost to the recipients.
Each ramp costs approximately $1,500 for materials and the construction is done completely by volunteers. Adult mentors work with youth groups on this project. Last year, 13 ramps were built and about 110 young people worked on the program.
— Kacey Deamer
- ► 2013 (27)
- ► 2012 (35)
- ► 2011 (19)
- Wheelchair Ramp Donations
- Faith in Action Golf Tournament
- Volunteers for the Orchard Planting Day Needed
- Volunteers needed for the CHOW Orchard Planting Da...
- Ed Blaine's Letter to the Editor
- Letter to the Editor: Thanks for wheelchair ramp
- CHOW to receive money from Walmart
- WBNG: Vexed Over Vetoes
- MudCat Grant 2010
- MudCat Grant Golf Tournament
- Nonprofits Brace for State Cuts
- Budget Crisis - CHOW
- ▼ July (12)