Up To The Minute News
Rural Health Service Corps: Member Recognition Event
Last Update: 5/10 12:39 pm
On Wednesday, May 12th, the Rural Health Service Corps will recognize current members, alumni, host organizations, and supporters of the program. The event will be held from 4:00-6:00 at Southern Tier Independence Center, 135 E Frederick Street in Binghamton.
Rural Health Service Corps (RHSC) was founded in 2005 by the Rural Health Network of South Central New York, Inc. and is an AmeriCorps National Service Program. RHSC is a diverse partnership of health and human service organizations, grass roots community projects, local foundations, business partners, the AmeriCorps National Service program, and young adults committed to community service.
RHSC’s purpose is to provide meaningful service and learning opportunities for young people committed to improving the health and lives of those living in the area. In 2009, 55 RHSC members provided 35,364 hours of service working with 23 organizations across the local region. Currently, 30 members are actively serving with RHSC in Broome, Chenango, Cortland, Delaware, Otsego, and Tioga Counties. Interested community members are welcome to attend the RHSC Member Recognition Event.
On Saturday May 8th, RHSC members completed an annual Signature Project, providing a day of service in community garden projects in Broome and Chenango Counties.
The following organizations have hosted RHSC members since 2008: American Cancer Society, Binghamton University Department of Social Work, Broome County Council of Churches, Broome County Health Department, Broome County Office for Aging, Central NY Resource Conservation and Development, Christian Neighborhood Center of Norwich, Cornell Cooperative Extension of Tioga County, Farm Catskills & Watershed Agricultural Council, Mothers & Babies Perinatal Network of South Central New York, Northern Tioga Center for Family Health (Lourdes), Northern Tioga Neighbors Network, Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, Regional Community Food Project, Rural Health Network of South Central New York, Southern Tier Independence Center, SUNY Upstate Medical/Free Clinic, United Health Services, Walton Community Garden, WSKG Public Broadcasting, Youth & Community Foundation of Spencer-Van Etten.
For more information on the Rural Health Service Corps or to apply for a full or part-time position with the local Rural Health Service Corps (AmeriCorps), please visit: www.ruralhealthnetwork.org/americorps or contact Danielle Berchtold: 607-692-7669.
See Article here
- ► 2013 (27)
- ► 2012 (35)
- ► 2011 (19)
- Social Media Presentation
- Help Out Get Out of Jail
- CHOW Committee Minutes
- WBNG: CHOW Position Available
- Flash Mob for CHOW
- Take Time to Remember One of Our Volunteers
- Southern Tier Close Up - CHOW
- IMO James McDonnell
- Pressconnects: Grow Broome
- GE, Lockheed Martin & BAE Systems collect food for...
- Grow Broome Press Release from United Way
- Grow Broome
- Social Connections for Senior Women
- The Health Benefits Resulting From Volunteering
- Hole Monitors for CHOW
- Obituary from one of our donors - family asking fo...
- Social Media (For more articles like this, see the...
- Pressconnects: Cyber Cafe Songwriter Showcase
- Fox 40: Tough Summer for CHOW Ahead
- News Channel 34: Rural Health Services article men...
- Food Drive for CHOW
- CHOW Chili Cookoff Winners
- WBNG: Lives of Commitment
- News Channel 34 5/7/10
- YYN (Your News Now): Lives of Commitment Breakfast...
- WBNG Facebook Post: CHOW Farm
- Letter From Edy’s Fruit Bars and the Fruit Tree Pl...
- News Channel 34: Lives of Commitment Breakfast
- Press Connect: CHOW Win
- Press Connects: BU Philanthropy Incubator Awards
- Wheelchair Ramp receives a Grant from BU
- News Channel 34: CHOW #1
- WBNG: Congrats on the Orchard Win!
- YYN (Your News Now): Chili Championship
- WBNG: Chili Cookoff
- ▼ May (35)