Thursday, May 20, 2010
Pressconnects: Grow Broome
May 20, 2010
United Way to transfer program
VESTAL The United Way of Broome County will transfer the responsibility of its Grow Broome program to the Community Hunger Outreach Warehouse program, which is under the operation of the Broome County Council of Churches.
The Grow Broome program, which is entering its fifth year in operation, will allow CHOW to offer a full menu of gardening opportunities for clients, enabling them to grow vegetables even in urban areas.
Known as Earth Boxes -- container-based gardening supplies -- organizations from throughout Greater Binghatmon have been using them including the American Civic Association, Catholic Charities of Broome County, Discovery Center of the Southern Tier, Handicapped Children's Society, Hilltop Manor, Ideal Nursing Center and Waterman Conservation Education Center.
- ► 2013 (27)
- ► 2012 (35)
- ► 2011 (19)
- Social Media Presentation
- Help Out Get Out of Jail
- CHOW Committee Minutes
- WBNG: CHOW Position Available
- Flash Mob for CHOW
- Take Time to Remember One of Our Volunteers
- Southern Tier Close Up - CHOW
- IMO James McDonnell
- Pressconnects: Grow Broome
- GE, Lockheed Martin & BAE Systems collect food for...
- Grow Broome Press Release from United Way
- Grow Broome
- Social Connections for Senior Women
- The Health Benefits Resulting From Volunteering
- Hole Monitors for CHOW
- Obituary from one of our donors - family asking fo...
- Social Media (For more articles like this, see the...
- Pressconnects: Cyber Cafe Songwriter Showcase
- Fox 40: Tough Summer for CHOW Ahead
- News Channel 34: Rural Health Services article men...
- Food Drive for CHOW
- CHOW Chili Cookoff Winners
- WBNG: Lives of Commitment
- News Channel 34 5/7/10
- YYN (Your News Now): Lives of Commitment Breakfast...
- WBNG Facebook Post: CHOW Farm
- Letter From Edy’s Fruit Bars and the Fruit Tree Pl...
- News Channel 34: Lives of Commitment Breakfast
- Press Connect: CHOW Win
- Press Connects: BU Philanthropy Incubator Awards
- Wheelchair Ramp receives a Grant from BU
- News Channel 34: CHOW #1
- WBNG: Congrats on the Orchard Win!
- YYN (Your News Now): Chili Championship
- WBNG: Chili Cookoff
- ▼ May (35)