Read this today and want to offer it as a thought for today: "In organizations, real power and energy is generated through relationships. The patterns of relationships and the capacities to form them are more important than tasks, functions, roles, and positions." ~ Margaret Wheatly
If this is true, and I believe it is, the question is not whether you have the title commensurate with the role you're playing, rather it is found in the quality of the relationships you are able to develop with those closest to you. I believe Margaret Wheatly is onto something.
Though I would add that often we overfunction to compensate for those who take little responsibility for themselves or underfunction and heap responsibility onto a few. It's always better to treat relationships as sacred, but to do so somewhat circumspectly since some exist to use other's generostiy.
The advise then is in relationships to be as wise as serpants and innocent as doves....
- ► 2013 (27)
- ► 2012 (35)
- ► 2011 (19)
- ► 2010 (278)
- Editorial Submitted to the Paper
- Wheelchair Ramp Letter and Donation
- Facebook Entry for the Jail Ministry
- IBM CHOW Donation on NewsChannel34
- Letter from Hillel at Binghamton 10-23-09
- Facebook Entry about the Reentry Program
- CHOW Event in pressconnects.com
- Broome County Council of Churches Jail Ministry P...
- Facebook Jail Min Post
- Facebook post announcing the CHOW Walk
- Twitter post announcing the CHOW Walk
- Donation from the Johnny Hart Memorial Breakfast
- Pipedream Article mentioning CHOW
- News10Now covering the Backpack Program
- NewsChannel 34 covering the Hunger Walk
- Congregation Blast on Homeless Initiative
- ESG Funding and Block Grant
- Facebook Entry about Apple Picking
- Facebook Entry about the CHOW Walk
- Facebook Entry about the Last Ramp
- CHOW article in pressconnects.com
- Jail Ministry Volunteer in Obituary
- Ball Catchers of the Month
- 2010 Budget .... Schedule
- Upcoming CHOW Events
- Obituary 10-6-09 with Donations towards CHOW
- Donations paid out to victims' families, survivors...
- 2009 Thanksgiving Food Distribution
- Time Allocation
- Powerful Tools for Caregivers Classes
- ▼ October (31)