Council of Churches to honor volunteers
April 6, 2010, 7:10 am
The Broome County Council of Churches’ Faith in Action Volunteers program will host its 12th annual Lives of Commitment Breakfast at 8 a.m. May 7 at the Ramada Binghamton on Water Street. The honorees of the event are Faith in Action volunteers Joan Eisch of Vestal, Cyndy Vosburgh of Newark Valley and Katie Legg of Kirkwood. The keynote speaker will be Kathryn Grant Madigan, a partner with Levene, Gouldin & Thompson and founder of the firm’s elder law group.
Faith in Action volunteers work with the frail elderly, chronically ill and the disabled to help them maintain their independence, dignity and quality of life. Services include help with correspondence, grocery shopping, light housekeeping, minor home repair, yard work, respite care, and transportation.
Tickets for the breakfast are $35 each and $280 for tables of eight. For more information, to purchase tickets by April 16 or to become an event sponsor, call (607) 724-9130 or visit http://www.broomecouncil.net/.
- ► 2013 (27)
- ► 2012 (35)
- ► 2011 (19)
- PressConnects: Lives of Commitment Breakfast
- Restaurant Week for CHOW
- Pipe Dream: CHOW will benefit from restaurant week...
- WBNG: CHOW
- Earth Fest 4-24-10
- CHOW Advisory Meeting Minutes
- CHOW mentioned in PipeDream
- Johnny Hart Memorial Christian Fellowship Breakfas...
- Benefit to aid CHOW
- Thank You Greg!
- Channel 34 - Restaurant Week to benefit CHOW
- WBNG: CHOW
- BU Pipe Dream: Event to help CHOW
- Race & Our Community
- Press Connects: Social Connections for Senior Wome...
- Press Connects: CHOW Conklin Farm mentioned
- Facebook: Lives of Commitment Breakfast
- Faith in Action Volunteers
- Press & Sun: Rotary Announces Grants
- Press & Sun: Lives of Commitment
- Press & Sun: BMets and Ramp It UP
- News Channel 34 : BCC and CHOW
- Press & Sun: STYP to Volunteer Helping CHOW
- Facebook: Jail Ministry - Congrats Dorothy!
- CHOW Volunteer Obituary
- ▼ April (25)