Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Article about upcoming interview with Joanne on WSKG
A Community Conversation: Caring for the Caregiver
LIVE November 3 at 7pm on WSKG Radio
More and more people are in a position of having to provide care for an aging or chronically ill parent, spouse or child. It isn't a role that is chosen, but one that is taken on because it is needed. This program discusses ways to be able to "do it" without burning out and how to find respite and relief for you, the caregiver. Where do you turn to for advice and guidance? How can these organizations help?
Lisa Kendall has worked with Elders and their care partners for over 25 years, in settings including home health care, adult day programs, hospitals, and nursing homes. Formerly Senior Consultant for Work and Family Services at Cornell University, Lisa is a medical social worker at the Visiting Nurse Service of Ithaca & Tompkins County, runs a Caregiver support group for the Cortland County Area Agency on Aging, and maintains a small private practice. She holds advance certification in clinical gerontology, is a trainer for the Sharing Your Wishes coalition in Tompkins County, and is a Certified Eden at Home trainer. Lisa is a popular speaker on aging and Elder care issues at the local, state, and national level.
Contact info: (607) 351-1313 email@example.com
Joanne Kays has been the Program Director for Faith in Action Volunteers at the Broome County Council of Churches for the past 8 years. She is responsible for recruiting and training volunteer caregivers, who assist frail elderly clients as well as program fund development. Oversees coordination of activities of over 300 volunteers.
Joanne has recently completed training to teach Powerful Tools for Caregivers.She represents Broome County Council of Churches as a member of the Aging Futures Partnership. She is a member of the committee that established Social Connections for Senior Women, a social support group in Broome County. Joanne is a member of the Lourdes Parish Nurse Advisory Board. Joanne was a family caregiver for her mother from 1996 through 1999.
Contact info:(607) 724-9130 ext. 304 firstname.lastname@example.org
- ► 2013 (27)
- ► 2012 (35)
- ► 2011 (19)
- ► 2010 (278)
- Valerie Zehl article mentioning CHOW
- WBNG Holiday Train
- Press & Sun Article for CHOW 11-25-09
- News Channel 34 11-23-09
- In Memory of James Wm Kildare, Sr
- In Memory of Larry Relyea
- Earnest About Thanksgiving
- WBNG Article
- Press & Sun Article 11-20-09
- Tweet from News Channel 34 11-20-09
- Website Update
- Article on News Channel 34
- Article mentioning Dr Joe and CHOW
- Article about Concert donating to CHOW
- Article about Vestal Business Donations
- Tweet from WBNG 11-17-09
- Jail Ministry Facebook Post
- Minutes for FIA Advisory Meeting
- Honorees and Speakers for Lives of Commitment 2010...
- Hoiday Craft Fair
- Holiday Train
- Jail Ministry on Facebook asking for bags to be de...
- Our Annual CHOW donor
- Congregation Blast for CHORUSES FOR CHOW
- Press Release for Operation Safeguard
- Article for a concert benefiting CHOW
- CHOW Advisory Minutes for November
- Broome County Council of Churches Jail Ministry Po...
- Letter and Guidelines sent to all Broome Bounty Ag...
- Video and Article with Dr Joe
- Memo from Elizabeth Church Manor
- Press Article for CHOW
- NewsChannel 34 article about CHOW fundraiser
- Article about upcoming interview with Joanne on WS...
- CHOW video and article at WBNG
- Beautiful Plain announces humanitarian awards
- ▼ November (36)