28th Annual CHOW Walk Takes Over Binghamton University - 10/17/2010
The 28th annual CHOW Hunger walk strolled onto Binghamton University's campus Sunday.
"We're entering the winter months now, when the demand goes up because of higher heat bills and all of the other things people are spending money on," Ed Blaine, Director of CHOW said.
CHOW helps to feed the needy in the Southern Tier. Over 100 student and community volunteers helped set up the event.
"It's really important especially with my organization that's all about public service and community service, so something like this if we can help in any type of way, it's so important for us to reach out," Tolu Odunsi, a member of Delta Sigma Theta sorority, said.
Community members flooded the campus to walk the 2.5 mile course, all hoping to be one step closer to ending hunger.
Zachary Moyer walked last year, and he's back to do it again this year. He says he doesn't go without food and wants to make sure no one else does either.
"We may have food, but we need to make sure that everyone can survive," Moyer said.
Taking strides for a good cause wasn't all that was happening at the event.
Participants enjoyed music, food and dancing.
Officials say they expected over 800 walkers, and hoped to raise over $50,000.
CHOW will use the money to stock over 30 pantries throughout the county in order to prepare for the winter months. More than 3,000 people benefit from CHOW monthly.
***FOX 40'S LISA DIVIRGILIO REPORTING***
View Article Here
View Video Here
- ► 2013 (27)
- ► 2012 (35)
- ► 2011 (19)
- Quote found on topics.treehugger.com
- Ithaca Journal: Weinermobile
- Weinermobile and CHOW
- Tweet (retweeted by Susanne) about FIA Bowling Tou...
- Twitter Posting about FIA Bowling Event
- Knock 'Em Down Article and Video
- Hunger Walk on Fox News
- Weinermobile fundraiser for CHOW
- IBM Fundraiser for CHOW
- Halloweenie Time
- Healthier Lifestyle Intern Posting
- pressconnects: CHOW Hunger Walk Results
- CHOW Hunger Walk Results
- Restaurant Week Donation
- Tweet from @binghamtonu - Facebook pictures from B...
- Tweets from reporter about the CHOW Walk
- Tweet from Binghamton News: CHOW Walk
- WBNG: CHOW WALK
- Tweet: CHOW Walk
- Mayor to Announce Restaurant Week Results
- Knock 'Em Down for Ramp It Up
- Knock Em Down for Ramp It Up
- Obituary for CHOW Volunteer
- PressConnects: Urban Farmers Pitch In For Global E...
- Volunteer Quote
- Pipe Dream Article about their Food Pantry
- Volunteer Walkers Still Needed for Chow Hunger Wal...
- Facebook: Reentry Concert
- Obituary from Donor - Contributions towards CHOW
- It’s voting time again. The CHOW Farm has begun...
- ▼ October (30)