Louella (Locke) Lisi
Louella (Lou) or Mena to her friends, was welcomed into Heaven by God and her late husband, Felice (Pause) Lisi on Thursday, October 7, 2010.
Her parents also predeceased her. Mena is survived by her three children, Michael and Corene Lisi, Michelle and Tim McHale, Mario and Tonia Lisi; sister, Shirley Stevens; brother, Welly (Linda) Locke; grandchildren, that she was so very fond of that she never stopped shopping for, Michaela (John Clark), Frank McHale, Matia and Anthony Lisi; Mena insisted on spoiling and returning to their own parents as any good grandma would do, step-grandchildren, Tammy (Archie) Brace; Carrie Hagi; Stacie (Chrys) Wade; step-great grandchildren, Nicole, Gabriel, Elias, Keara, Tyler, and Christian, all who were very special and held a place in her heart; brother-in-law, Frank (Carol) Lisi, Jr.; numerous nieces and nephews. Even though we could not list them all, she never stopped talking about you, and she loved to talk, but you all left a place in her heart.
She retired from the City of Binghamton School District and was actively involved volunteering for CHOW and found great joy in knitting mittens for local schools and was known as the "Mitten Lady." Mena would also like to recognize some special people who might not have known how much they meant to her, Wes Smith and Mike Dorak. You are additional brothers to her children.
Funeral services will be conducted Tuesday, October 12, 2010 at 11:00 AM from the James V. DeMarco & Son Funeral Home, 737 Chenango Street, Port Dickinson, NY followed by burial in Calvary Cemetery. Family and friends are invited to call at the DeMarco & Son Funeral Home Monday, October 11th from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM and Tuesday, October 12th from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM.
In lieu of flowers, please consider bringing your food donations or memorial contributions payable to CHOW at the time of service. All donations will be given directly to the Conklin Avenue First Baptist Church CHOW pantry where Mena volunteered.
"Mena and Pause" are now together. Rest knowing that your work here is done and we will finish what you started.
- ► 2013 (27)
- ► 2012 (35)
- ► 2011 (19)
- Quote found on topics.treehugger.com
- Ithaca Journal: Weinermobile
- Weinermobile and CHOW
- Tweet (retweeted by Susanne) about FIA Bowling Tou...
- Twitter Posting about FIA Bowling Event
- Knock 'Em Down Article and Video
- Hunger Walk on Fox News
- Weinermobile fundraiser for CHOW
- IBM Fundraiser for CHOW
- Halloweenie Time
- Healthier Lifestyle Intern Posting
- pressconnects: CHOW Hunger Walk Results
- CHOW Hunger Walk Results
- Restaurant Week Donation
- Tweet from @binghamtonu - Facebook pictures from B...
- Tweets from reporter about the CHOW Walk
- Tweet from Binghamton News: CHOW Walk
- WBNG: CHOW WALK
- Tweet: CHOW Walk
- Mayor to Announce Restaurant Week Results
- Knock 'Em Down for Ramp It Up
- Knock Em Down for Ramp It Up
- Obituary for CHOW Volunteer
- PressConnects: Urban Farmers Pitch In For Global E...
- Volunteer Quote
- Pipe Dream Article about their Food Pantry
- Volunteer Walkers Still Needed for Chow Hunger Wal...
- Facebook: Reentry Concert
- Obituary from Donor - Contributions towards CHOW
- It’s voting time again. The CHOW Farm has begun...
- ▼ October (30)